Thursday, May 22, 2008

Winehouse Exclusive

6 Music gets the only Ivors interview
22 May 08 - Amy Winehouse has scooped yet another award.  This time it's the Ivor Novello award for Best Song Musically and Lyrically Award with her hit Love Is A Losing Game.

The singer made an appearance at the event, sitting at the table with her parents, after her father Mitch had collected the award on her behalf.

Speaking exclusively to 6 Music at the ceremony, Amy talked about her new material. 

She said:  "I really like it, it's pretty much the same. Very atmospheric and very lovelorn and all the rest."

With regards to her appearance at Glastonbury, she responded:  "I can't wait. Please God my Blake will be with me, that's all I'm looking forward to."

However, when asked about the prospect of potentially playing with Jay-Z she said: "Who knows, who gives a b*******."

Mark Ronson and Amy

On his arrival, Mark Ronson said: "I'm not actually nominated for anything but I'm really proud of Amy and I hope she wins something.

"It's just nice that the stuff I produced is associated with it."


Kelly Stooke

No comments: