Thursday, May 1, 2008

Laurie & Lou's big day

Laurie Anderson speaks for the first time about tying the knot with Lou Reed
01 May 2008 - Laurie Anderson and Lou Reed got married on April 12th in Colorado.

Speaking for the first time about the day to Nemone on 6 Music yesterday afternoon, Laurie revealed it was all very spur of the moment:

"It was a couple of weeks ago and I was walking down the street in Sacramento and thinking about all the things I haven't done in my life.

And I was talking to Lou, you know about getting married - we're always talking about that, and he said, 'Well how about tomorrow?', I said, 'Okay'!"
That's it, we're married -  Laurie Anderson

The musician and performance artist said it was a low key affair:

"We walked into the Boulder Mountain marriage license office and they said, 'Are you two related?' and we said, 'Not that we know of!'... and we paid ten bucks and that's it, we're married."

When asked about what she had worn for the big day, Laurie sheepishly admitted to be wearing the same red jumper yesterday (pictured), she told us why:

"Because it was a Saturday morning, I thought I just want to wear my Saturday clothes and be with the person I love, and stand under a tree and that's the only thing I care about here."
 
Laurie Anderson performs her latest project Homeland at London's Barbican until Saturday (3 May).


Ruth Barnes

No comments: