Friday, May 23, 2008

Ronson On Kaisers

Next album shaping up
23 May 2008 - With their new album almost completed, The Kaisers Chiefs are on the verge of gracing the stage at one of their biggest stadium shows yet as they hit Elland Road, the home of Leeds United, tomorrow (24 May).

And all the signs are good as producer Mark Ronson confirms his completion of their new album.

6 Music caught up with Ronson, who’s also just started working on Lily Allen’s new material, at the Ivor Novello Awards ceremony on 22 May.

He said: “I’ve been helping with the arrangements and the songs and I guess being a sort of guru in the studio or something.”
"They've written some great songs so they don't really need me as much as I need them."
Mark Ronson

Ronson is seemingly pleased with the result and explained what he brought to the collaboration:

“I’m just a huge fan of theirs so hopefully bringing that energy of someone who’s just a giant fan, knowing what a Kaiser Chiefs fan would like. They’ve written some great songs so they don’t really need me as much as I need them.”

The Music Week team are going to be covering the sold out Kaisers homecoming gig in Leeds, where they will play to a 30,000 full stadium.

Tune in to Julie and Matt on Sunday from 1pm.

You can see the red carpet video from the Ivor Novello Awards here.

Georgie Rogers

No comments: