Sunday, May 4, 2008

Wild Boys

Ronson hooks up with Duran Duran
04 May 2008 - Mark Ronson is teaming up with his childhood heroes for a one off show.

The producer, who seems to be able to take his pick of todays big names, has revealed Duran Duran are next on his hit list.

He'll play a gig with the 80's stars at La Cigale in Paris on 2 July and told us it's a dream come true for him:

"Basically we're going to open for Duran Duran and Simon Le Bon's going to come for the last song and sing Stop Me, and then I stay on and I get to do my dream arrangements on Duran Duran songs. I'm a huge Duran Duran fan, they were literally the first band I ever idolised."

"...they were literally the first band I ever idolised.."
Mark Ronson
Mark also revealed he had the Smash Hit sticker book full of pictures of the band, and even went as far as trying to re-create his own New Romantic look:

"I went to get my hair cut and took a picture of John Taylor at 12 years old, and I remember leaving and being really upset, ‘cos I felt like it was more of a Nick Rhodes sort of like thing that he'd left me with. I had a bowl cut, the same as they give to every 12 year old kid that walks in there."

Looks aside, Mr Ronson says the best bit will be conjuring up his producing magic on their tracks.

"It's really cool, I've been going through the entire Duran Duran catalogue and just really try and dream up some clever things and combine songs of theirs, like 2 songs almost making like a live mash up of like, doing lyrics to a new song over the beat from an old one, so I'm really excited about it."

Ronson is currently in the studio remixing various Duran Duran tracks for their new album 'Red Carpet Massacre'.


Jo Youle

No comments: