Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Radiohead at BBC

Fans waiting for BBC shows
01 April 2008 - Fans have been arriving from all over the country to get close to Radiohead who are just moments away from playing a matinee show at the BBC Radio Theatre in Broadcasting House, London.

This is part of the Radiohead at the BBC event which will also include an evening performance during Stuart Maconie and Mark Radcliffe's Radio 2 show.

6 Music will be recording the matinee gig, which kicks off around 2:30pm, and you will be able to hear tracks during Steve Lamacq's show from 4pm on 1 April.

The excitement is building in the queues outside the venue at the moment.

Fans queuing

Fans queuing up have travelled far and wide to get to the destination.

Dean Davies said: “We got the train from Warrington – we’re glad we got here quite early cos we managed to get to the front of the queue. I got up at quarter past six.”

Rachel Swift from Bolton said: “We had to get up at twenty past five – it’s still not as early as I’d have to get up if I was at work!”

But what songs do the fans want on the set list?

Wanted songs

Matthew Laws from Northumberland said: “I’ve liked Radiohead for quite a few years – I would like to hear quite a lot of In Rainbows stuff.

“I’ve seen quite a lot of their other things – it would be nice to see their new album live. Reckoner is a really good song – it would be a highlight for me hopefully.

“I saw them a few years ago on a short of warm up tour and that was pretty amazing cos I hadn’t heard a lot of the songs before hand – they played a really eclectic set list.”

Dave Packer said: “I would prefer them to just play all their new stuff – just go through the entire album. I’m quite excited about it – especially with them saying on the email that they were gonna stop letting people in because they’ve got too many people in there – which I was a bit worried about so we got here a bit early.”

Gareth from Bolton said: “I’m really really excited about it being such a small gig cos I’ve never been to such a small gig for such a big band.

"I want to hear Reckoner. It’s just a fantastic and different track – it sounds like nothing they’ve done before.”


Kelly Stooke

No comments: