Monday, April 28, 2008

Amy's Bond Theme Doubt

Mark Ronson fears for Winehouse's James Bond theme
27 April 2008 - Mark Ronson has confirmed to 6 Music that he has been in the studio working with Amy Winehouse on a theme for the new James Bond film.

Speaking to the Music Week show from backstage at the Coachella festival in California the producer revelled the track is nearly complete.

However, he expressed his doubts over whether the song will actually end up on the soundtrack to the movie.

"Hopefully if they like it, it will get used," he explained, "But I don’t think we’ve been guaranteed it, so we’re working on it and we’ll see happens.

“They asked Amy, and I think Amy said that if she did it, she'd want to do it with me. So hopefully something will come of it. The demo sounds like something that sounds like a James Bond theme hopefully. But I don’t know if it'll get used.

“I’m sure there are loads more really famous people that probably we’re competing with and we don’t know about

“I’m not sure, but hopefully I’ll still be alive for at least 12 more Bond themes. If we don’t get this one maybe we’ll get another one.”

"The demo sounds like something that sounds like a James Bond theme hopefully. But I don’t know if it'll get used" -
Mark Ronson

Ronson went on to  confirm that he and Winehouse have been recording material for the troubled singer's third album, saying:

"Yeah, we spent a week together. Hopefully something will come of it. She comes down to my room, plays guitar; plays some songs and I try to sort them out into something."

For more from this interviews Check out the Music Week Podcast  or listen again to the last edition of the  Music Week .


Kelly Stooke

No comments: