Monday, March 17, 2008

Muse ready to offend

Exclusive: Matt Bellamy up for band collaboration
17 Mar 08 - Matt Bellamy has confirmed that he’s interested in collaborating with new ravers Does It Offend You Yeah?

The Muse frontman told The Music Week: “They emailed me something ages ago, this must have been a year ago, and I did play something. I think I emailed it back to them and I never heard anything so I’m not sure if they got it or the part wasn’t good enough, I don’t know! I don’t really know what will happen but I would like to do something. I’d like to do a little collaboration. I think they’re really good.“

Matt spoke ahead of the release of the band’s new DVD HAARP. It celebrates last year’s two-night stint at London’s Wembley Stadium which saw them playing to more than 135,000 fans.

Matt said that the gigs’ massive scale and ambitious production made sense: “I think there’s certain music that lends itself to that kind of situation. I think for us we always had songs that have that sort of drama and theatrical element which tends to lend itself to a large concert experience. A lot of bands, their music is probably better received in a theatre where there’s a more intimate experience.”
"I don’t really know what will happen but I would like to do something."
- Matt Bellamy on working with Does It Offend You Yeah?
Muse will headline the Teenage Cancer Trust bill at the Royal Albert Hall on 12 April and this year’s V Festival in August.

You can listen back to The Music Week here .

You can podcast The Music Week here .

Jacqueline Springer

No comments: