Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Enemy Album Caution

Exclusive: The Enemy tell 6 their wary album plans
05 Mar 2008 - Following the huge success of their debut album We'll Live and Die in These Towns , Coventry trio The Enemy have spoken about their plans for its follow-up.

It appears the band are taking the preparations for their new material very seriously. Or not.

“Over the past week we’ve recorded four concept albums,” singer Tom Clarke jokes. “We’ll be deciding which one to release in the next couple of days and it’ll be out next month.”

“Nah,” he laughs, “We’re writing tunes at the minute. We’ve already written a load while we’ve been on tour, so we’ve already got a load of songs in the bank. But we’ve just been in the studio near home writing as well.

“We’re just taking our time. I think it's more important that you take your time and put out a quality album with good tunes on it, than just rush it.”
"I think I’d go insane if I had to play exactly the same kind of stuff for another year."
- Tom Clarke


As for what the album sounds like, fans can expect something of a stylistic departure.

“Its different.” Tom continues. “It still sounds like us - cos it’s us, but at the same time it’s not just the same as the first one. I think it’d be stupid just to put out an album that was the same as the first.

"I think I’d go insane if I had to play exactly the same kind of stuff for another year. But it’s banging. I like it.”

However, the frontman refused to be drawn on whether any one track was touted as a potential single at this stage, saying: “There’s couple, but we’ve got that many songs on the boil at the minute that we want to wait until we’ve got the finer production points on everything until we decide what’s what.”


Matt Everitt

No comments: