Monday, August 18, 2008

Steady vs Radiohead

"Radiohead have lost the plot" - Tad
17 August 2008 - "Radiohead have lost the plot". Not what were used to hearing about the band - but these are the words of Tad from The Hold Steady.

The guitarist has been exclusively talking to BBC 6 Music about his thoughts on the UK music industry, and in the interview he didn't hold back when it came to the 'Creep' artists.

Muse also came under fire, but he couldn't speak highly enough about Mancunian rockers Oasis.

When asked his thoughts about Radiohead's 'In Rainbows', Tad had this to say:

"I think they've lost the plot. What are they doing? Where are they going? What's happening? I don't get it any more. They lost me. I still appreciate what they're doing, or what they're trying to do. But I think they're trying too hard not to be Radiohead. That seems a little ridiculous to me".

Tad goes on to say:

"I like them as a rock band, all the buttons and sequencing and stuff like that I don't really care for. I'm a fan of rock music and what they're doing now I don't think is very good. When you have that kind of money, you can put on a great performance regardless of what you do. If you can't go out and pick up your instruments and play a good show, that doesn't do it for me. I don't have any interest in that".

Muse

V Festival headliners Muse also came in for a tongue lashing. Tad said of the band:

"There's tons of great musicians out there. There are a lot of people that rely on technology, electronics. I don't want to take anything away from them but it doesn't do it for me".

Oasis

But, Tad admits he does have a soft spot for Oasis.

"I love Oasis. I love them. I think that what they do is earnest. I think it's honest. When they get up and do what they do, it's one take and they get up and they perform. I trust Noel Gallagher to do a good job with the record".

Probably a wise idea to keep onside with the Gallaghers, eh Tad?


Louise Hulland

No comments: