Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Who not over!

Roger Daltrey says there's still life in The Who yet four decades after one of their biggest hits.
15 July 2008 - They may well be the great grandfathers of rock and roll but Roger Daltrey reckons The Who have still got their best work in them, especially now Pete Townshend is writing again.

"I still feel that he still will come up with perhaps his best work". Its been 40 years since My Generation was released but Roger says there's still life in them all.

"Its just whether he thinks we're the instrument that he wants to do that on. I would think, personally, I think he's mad to try and change it at this stage of his life. I mean why fix something that's not broke.'
'I still think he's got it in him'.- Roger Daltrey on The Who bandmate Pete Townshend

But Daltrey's admitted that he's not to sure who the songs are being penned for.

"Just let him get on with it. It's a cracked old record, isn't it? Oh, it's all on, it's all off. Oh it's all on. It's been 35 years, I'm tired of it. What is the point? What is the point? Give me a break!"

Actor Jack Black's band, Tenacious D, Pearl Jam, The Flaming Lips and The Who themselves took to the stage at a special tribute concert in Los Angeles last weekend, where The Who were honoured at the VH1 Rock Honours.

Chi Chi Izundu

No comments: