Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ronson's Next Project

Who’ll benefit next from his production skills?
26 Feb 08 - Rather than tackle ‘Version – Version 2’ Mark Ronson has told 6 Music News that he is going to concentrate on other artists' albums for the foreseeable future.

“I am really excited to be working on another [solo] record,” he explained. “But I’m producing a few other people’s records first then I’ll get back to it”

He did however, reveal some of the names that may well be next on his hit list.

“I’m finishing Daniel Merriweather’s album right now, then a singer named Richard Swift.

“Then maybe The Rumble Strips and a big band I can’t really say because they haven’t fully hired me yet and I don’t wanna jinx it. But it’ll be good!”

When quizzed about whether he would like to remix anything by his fellow Brit Award alumni, he seemed less sure.

“I’m a huge Paul McCartney fan, but I think I’m done fiddling with other people music for a little while, but if he asked me, of course I wouldn’t say no.

“I’d stay away from The Beatles, cos that’s probably a bit sacred, but Maybe I’m Amazed or Dance Tonight – He’s brilliant.

To hear more from this interview check out the Music Week  podcast.

Matt Everitt

No comments: